Based in Bonn, Germany
August 11, 2017 (Episode 1), September 22, 2016 (Episode 0), TBA (Episode 2/3/4)
What would you do if you found yourself trapped on an eerie space station with nothing but a computer? Play as the hacker Alex and help your partner Sam uncover the horrible truth of the facility. It doesn't take long until you have to ask yourself who Alex really is and if your reality is what it seems to be. Gather information, navigate, talk and hack your way through five chapters of this atmospheric, fully-voiced text adventure. Code 7 is being developed and published by Goodwolf Studio for PC, Mac and Linux.
Code 7 started as an one-week prototype during the Master Studies at the Cologne Game Lab and was published for free in early 2015. The idea quickly developed to become an episodic text adventure with professional voice actors. In September 2016 a remake of the original prototype (Episode 0: Allocation) has been released, together with the launch of the Kickstarter campaign. The developers, Kevin Glaap and Zein Okko, successfully raised ~16.000€ to continue working on the four upcoming episodes.
- a modern, thrilling text adventure
- fully-voiced dialogue
- atmospheric music and sound
- easy keyboard controls with auto-complete help
- multiple endings
Code 7 – Episode 1: Launch Trailer YouTube
Code 7 - Episode 0: Allocation Cinematic Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Episode 0 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Youth Game" Deutscher Computerspielpreis / Berlin, Germany 2017
- "Gamer's Voice Nominee" SXSW / Austin, Texas 2017
- "Nominated for Best Narrative" Indie Prize / Berlin, Germany 2017
- "Best Student Project" Indie Games Play / Paris, France 2016
- "Honorable Mention" IGF / San Francisco, California 2016
- "Nominated for Best Student Project" Unity Awards / Los Angeles,California 2016
- "Nominated for Best Indie Game" Deutscher Entwicklerpreis / Cologne, Germany 2016
- "Nominated for Indie Award" gamescom / Cologne, Germany 2016
- "Nomination for Outstanding Talent Award" Ludicious Zürich Game Festival, 2016
- "Official Selection" Indie Arena Booth / Cologne, Germany 2016
- "Official Selection" Indie Game Expo, Quo Vadis Conference / Berlin, Germany 2016
- "Official Selection for Indie Game Exhibition" Radius Festival / Vienna, Austria 2016
- "Code 7 wants you to question reality, to question who you are and what makes you human."
- Nicole Carpenter, Kill Screen
- "(...) it really can’t hurt if a texty game looks as lovely as Code 7 and its intelligent, elegant interface do."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "(...) I found myself in awe of the game I discovered."
- Brandon Milby, Playsource
- "(...) this is a true evolution of the text adventure, with intelligent use of the interface, excellent voice acting and a surprisingly dark storyline."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "Trotz einer sehr eindimensionalen Spielfläche, hat "Code 7" eine größere Spieltiefe, als so manches Millionen-Blockbuster-Game."
- Tobias Zervos, BR
- "Eine tolle Weiterentwicklung des Genres, die nicht nur nostalgische Spieler-Oldies ansprechen wird."
- Bertram Küster, Bild
- "Goodwolf Studio reanimiert ein längst verschollen geglaubtes Genre"
- Sönke Siemens, spieletipps
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Goodwolf Studio allows for the contents of Code 7 to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Code 7 is legally & explicitly allowed by Goodwolf Studio. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.goodwolf-studio.com/press/sheet.php?p=code_7.
See the Kickstarter Page of the successful campaign kickstarter.com.
successfully greenlit in May 2015 steamcommunity.com.
About Goodwolf Studio
Goodwolf Studio is an independent game developer committed to creating games where the gameplay enables the player to uncover a deeper story. Its founders and members, Kevin Glaap and Zein Okko, met each other at the Cologne Game Lab where they are both pursuing their Master's degrees in Game Development and Research. Narrative games like "Thomas Was Alone" or "Tales from the Borderlands" inspired them to create epic, story-driven projects, and they began developing games together in 2014.
More information on Goodwolf Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Code 7 Credits
Game Designer, User Experience
Narrative Designer, Game Artist, Composer